Tuesday, May 17, 2011

30 years

On April 16, 2011 I woke up to the realization that I was now a thirty year old man.  I did not in any way feel old nor did I feel as though I had wasted my first thirty years of life.  I did realize for the first time though that I had been on this earth for quite some time.  I felt it was time to begin cataloging the history of this man God is and has been making me into.   After looking back over the years I have spent on this earth I am able to clearly see God's story of my life unfolding.  I am able to recognize the purposes of the places he has sent me and the trials I've endured.  I am able to look back with thanks to God for the way He chose to teach me even the most painful of lessons.

There are two distinct things God etched into my DNA at conception.  First, He made me a dreamer.  God made me into a man that dreams the biggest of dreams.  Dreams of which most consider impossible to come true.  I believe He gives me these dreams.  I am actually most certain it is God who whispers them in my ear. Secondly God made me fiercely tenacious.  God placed within me an iron will and steadfast determination to pursue those dreams with the faith of a child.  These two gifts from our Father have made me into the man I am now.  Both gifts are good and yet I have used them rightly and wrongly in my life.  It is a tightrope walk trying to accomplish God's will for my life.  My hope is to chase these dreams correctly and in God's will.

 If you find yourself drawn to read of my memories and continued journey then I ask you to pray for me as often as you can.  In pursuing God's will I pray continually that I will not crush anyone in my pursuit and that I will not step out on my own.  I want to have the patience and wisdom to wait for God's timing. 

I love you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment